Gokyo/ 13 days, 5360m
Gokyo Trek begins with the spectacular mountain flight to Lukla, which takes thirty minutes from Kathmandu. During this flight we are rewarded with amazing mountains views. This trek explores the breathtaking Gokyo valley which is located adjacent to the Khumbu. Gokyo is a land of high altitude lakes and glittering icy glaciers. When you hike to the high vantage point of Gokyo Ri which is 5360m you are rewarded with views of four of the eight highest mountains on earth – all wonderfully arrayed in one panorama! From here you can see Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt. Cho Oyu 8153m, Mt, Lhotse 8501m and Mt. Makalu 8463m and some of the great Glaciers, mainly the Ngozumpa Glacier and also beautiful lakes. You can see Mt. Everest and Himalayan range better than from Kala Patthar and Everest Base camp trek. Gokyo valley trekking trails have good teahouses and lodges facilities management by local Sherpas people.
The beginning of this trek is the same as hiking to Everest Base Camp. On the way we’ll stay two nights in the village of Namche Bazaar to acclimatize. Namche is considered the trading center for the Khumbu region, and people walk as far away as from Tibet every Saturday to sell their wares here. This is also the hub onto which each trail converges, so yaks and people compete for space in this amphitheater style city.
The walking time is about 5-6 hrs per day. During the trek the tourist carries only a daypack.
- Duration: 13 Days
- Type of Trek: Teahouse
- Max Altitude: 5360m
- Minimum Pax: 1 +
- Mode of travel: Airplane (local airlines)
- Grade: Moderate
- Cost: around 1200 per person* + ticket + insurance
Proposal of the itnerary:
(B, L, D – breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Day 01 – Arrival in Kathmandu, welcome dinner (D)
- Day 02 – Flight to Lukla & trek to Phakding (2640m) (B, L, D)
- Day 03 – Trek to Namche Bazar (3440m) (B, L, D)
- Day 04 – Acclimatization day/explore around (B, L, D)
- Day 05 – Trek to Phortse Thanga (3600m) (B, L, D)
- Day 06 – Trek to Machhermo (4410m) (B, L, D)
- Day 07 – Trek to Gokyo (4750m) (B, L, D)
- Day 08 – Climb Gokyo Ri (5360m) and back to Gokyo (B, L, D)
- Day 09 – Trek to Dole (4040m) (B, L, D)
- Day 10 – Trek to Namche Bazar (3440m) (B, L, D)
- Day 11 – Trek to Lukla (2800m) (B, L, D)
- Day 12 – Flight back to Kathmandu (B)
- Day 13 – Transport to airport, flight back home (B)
*The final price is caclulated after we confirm exact number of participants – in bigger groups the price goes down.