Annapurna Base Camp/ 16 days, 4130m
Annapurna Base Camp is an unique trek on the foothill of the Annapurna south and it is specially designed for those who enjoy flora and fauna, admire panoramic view of the mountain range in a comfortable way including Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Fishtail and other mountain ranges. This extravagant high region includes the Poon Hill – famous view point, from where entire Annapurna range can be observed, and some of the famous peaks including Mt. Annapurna 1 – the first 8091m peak climbed in Nepal. The Annapurna Base Camp trek follows the Modi River and passes through welcoming forests of bamboo and rhododendron. After reaching Hinko cave, we can notice that the vegetation has thinned and the gorge has narrowed to only a few hundred meters wide.
The ring of mountains which form the rim of the Annapurna Base Camp called also Annapurna Sanctuary includes not fewer than eight of over 7000m, including Annapurna South, Fang, Annapurna 1 (8091m), Gangapurna, Annapurna 3 and Annapurna 5. The ring is completed by the peerless Macchapuchare, only 7 meters below the magical 7000 meters. The walk-in to the Sanctuary provides a taste of the great variety of landscape types which make Nepal such a special trekking destination. Starting from Nayapul out at Phedi we encounter sub-tropical heat, pretty villages and neatly terraced rice fields. Duration of walking is about 5-6hrs a day.
- Duration: 16 Days (including 10 days of trekking)
- Type of Trek: Teahouse
- Max Altitude: 4130m
- Minimum Pax: 2
- Mode of travel: Land transport (or local airlines)
- Grade: Moderate
- Price: around 1300 USD per person* + international ticket cost + insurance
Proposal of the itnerary:
(B, L, D – breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Day 01 – Arrival and transfer to hotel in Kathmandu, trip briefing
- Day 02 – Flight to Pokhara and transfer to the hotel (B)
- Day 03 – Pokhara to Nayapul, trek to Tikhedhungga (1540m) (B, L, D)
- Day 04 – Trek to Ghorepani (2860m) (B, L, D)
- Day 05 – Trek to Poon Hill then to Tadapani (2630m) (B, L, D)
- Day 06 – Trek to Chhomrong (2170m) (B, L, D)
- Day 07 – Trek to Dobhan (2600m) (B, L, D)
- Day 08 – Trek to Deurali (3230m) (B, L, D)
- Day 09 – Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (4130m) (B, L, D)
- Day 10 – Trek to Dobhan (2600m) (B, L, D)
- Day 11 – Trek to Jhinu (1780m) (B, L, D)
- Day 12 – Trek to Tolka (1700m) (B, L, D)
- Day 13 – Trek to Phedi (1130m), back to Pokhara by car/hotel (B, L)
- Day 14 – Leisure day in Pokhara (B)
- Day 15 – Drive by bus to Kathmandu hotel; farewell dinner (B,D)
- Day 16 – Transport to airport for return flight (B)
There is also a short 12 days cheaper program available.
*The final price is caclulated after we know exact number of participants – in bigger groups the price goes down. It can be also lower if you choose a bus between Kathmandu and Pokhara on the second day.