Everest Base Camp/ 15 or 17 days, 5545m
The highest mountain on the earth – Mount Everest (8848m) has several names to different people. It is called Mt. Everest to the Westerners and Jomolungma to the Khumbu Sherpas and Tibetans and to the Nepalese it is called Sagarmatha. It is located in the Mahalangur section of the Himalayas on the Nepal side of Nepal-China (Tibet) border. Its massif includes neighboring peaks Lhotse (8516m), Nuptse (7855m) and Changtse (7580m). This trail is famous not only for its proximity to the world’s highest mountain but also for its Sherpa villages and monasteries with their virtually unchanged unique culture. Trek to Everest Base Camp can be started from Jiri (and then walk to Lukla around 8 days) or from Lukla (after 30 minutes flight from Kathmandu). Flying to Lukla and starting the trek here is more popular. The breathtaking flight is followed by two weeks of challenging but rewarding adventure. The route reaches the highest point at Kala Patthar (5545m) – a peak offering superb views of Mount Everest and other Himalayas. From here you can see the panoramic view of Ama Dablam, Pumori, Lhotse, Nuptse. During the trek you can enjoy the hospitality of the Nepalese people. We stay in teahouses/lodges, which provide comfortable places to rest along the way.
The walking time is about 5-6 hrs per day. During the trek the tourist carries only a daypack.
- Duration: 15 or 17 Days
- Type of Trek: Teahouse
- Max Altitude: 5545m
- Minimum Pax: Min 1 – Max 20
- Mode of travel: Kathmandu to Lukla /Lukla to Kathmandu by local Airlines
- Grade: Moderate/severe
- Best time to come: September-November, March-May
- Price: around 1400 USD* per person + ticket + insurance
Proposal of the itinerary:
(B, L, D – breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Day 01 – Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m), transfer from airport to hotel, trip briefing in the evening
- Day 02 – Leisure day in Kathmandu, preparation for the trek (B)
- Day 03 – Flight to Lukla, trek to Phakding (2640m) (B, L, D)
- Day 04 – Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazar (3440m) (B, L, D)
- Day 05 – Acclimatization day in Namche (3440m) (B, L, D)
- Day 06 – Trek from Namche to Tengboche (3870m) (B, L, D)
- Day 07 – Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (4410m) (B, L, D)
- Day 08 – Acclimatization day in Dingboche (4410m) (B, L, D)
- Day 09 – Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (4930m) (B, L, D)
- Day 10 – Trek from Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5190m), side trip to Everest Base Camp (5365m) (B, L, D)
- Day 11 – Ascent of Kala Patthar (5545m), trek to Pheriche (4240m) (B, L, D)
- Day 12 – Trek from Pheriche to Phortse (3800m) (B, L, D)
- Day 13 – Trek from Phortse to Manju (2890m) (B, L, D)
- Day 14 – Trek from Manju to Lukla (2800m) (B, L, D)
- Day 15 – Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu (30 minutes) (B)
- Day 16 – Leisure day in Kathmandu (B)
- Day 17 – Transfer from hotel to airport, flight home (B)
The program could be shorter and last 15 days only.
*The final price is given after the number of participants in the group is confirmed – in bigger groups the price goes down.